For comprehensive guidance on creating quality structures that support patient/provider collaboration, cost-effective solutions, and safe, efficient care, get the fully updated HQ Solutions
, an official publication of the National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ).
Written by HQ experts and applicable to all practice settings, this essential resource offers healthcare quality professionals the theoretical and practical basis for safe, reliable, cost-effective care, including the use of state-of-the-art tools for measuring, monitoring, selecting, and managing data. Invaluable for preparing for the Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality® (CPHQ) certification exam, this is an optimal healthcare quality professional’s resource.
Create a safer, more efficient care environment, with proven quality improvement practices …
About the Authors/Editors
Luc R. Pelletier, MSN APRN PMHCNS-BC CPHQ FNAHQ FAAN,
- NEW quality and safety tools and techniques adaptable to any care setting
- NEW and updated content on recent changes in U.S. healthcare quality requirements, legislation, and reform
- NEW content on core skills and methods of organizational leadership, patient safety, performance and process improvement, and health data analytics
- Key resource for HQ principles and practices—vital for healthcare quality professionals including nurses, instructors, researchers, consultants, and clinicians in all practice settings, including home care, hospices, skilled nursing facilities, rehab, and ambulatory care, as well as healthcare organizations, healthcare boards, and government agencies
- Organizational Leadership
- Leadership fundamentals and principles, quality and safety infrastructure, strategic planning, and change management
- Real-life scenarios solved with proven leadership formulas and evidence-based solutions
- Performance measures, key performance and quality indicators, and performance improvement models
- Accreditation, Regulation, and Continuous Readiness
- Impact of regulations on healthcare quality and safety
- Continuous readiness activities
- Organizational assessment, survey procedures, and more
- Health Data Analytics
- Foundations of a solid data management system
- Tools, approaches, and application of data management systems, data collection, interpretation, and reporting
- Analysis tools and basic statistical techniques and methods
- Patient Safety
- Practical tools for safety assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Components of a safety culture
- Effective risk management strategies
- Performance, Safety, and Process Improvement
- Key principles and practices
- Critical pathways, effective team building, decision support, benchmarking
- IOM imperatives, analysis and interpretation of data, decision-support tools, and more
is Senior Specialist in Nursing at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital, an adjunct professor at the University of San Diego Hahn School of Nursing and Health Science, a core adjunct faculty member at National University, and a healthcare consultant in San Diego, California.
Christy L. Beaudin, PhD LCSW CPHQ FNAHQ
is Principal Consultant with CL Beaudin & Associates in Los Angeles, CA and is adjunct faculty at the University of Redlands.