Transform your marketing efforts through the power of visual content
In today's fast-paced environment, you must communicate your message in a concise and engaging way that sets it apart from the noise. Visual content—such as infographics and data visualization—can accomplish this. With DIY functionality, Infographics: The Power of Visual Storytelling will teach you how to find stories in your data, and how to visually communicate and share them with your audience for maximum impact.
Infographics will show you the vast potential to using the communication medium as a marketing tool by creating informative and shareable infographic content.
- Learn how to explain an object, idea, or process using strong illustration that captures interest and provides instant clarity
- Discover how to unlock interesting stories (in previously buried or boring data) and turn them into visual communications that will help build brands and increase sales
Use the power of visual content to communicate with and engage your audience, capture attention, and expand your market.
From the Back Cover
The explosion of data created and content shared in the Information Age has fundamentally changed the way we communicate today. Infographics and data visualization can convey your message in a concise and engaging way that sets it apart from the noise. Infographics: The Power of Visual Storytelling shows you how to use visual communication to attract, inform, and even entertain your audience.
These tools can help us understand complex concepts easily and provide insights that lay hidden in raw data. Infographics provides easy-to-follow and actionable tips and strategies to create compelling and shareable visual content, including:
- The various forms that information design and data visualization take, including static, interactive, and motion graphics, and best practices for the use of each.
- Social media strategies for distributing and promoting your content to make sure people see it—and more important, share it.
- The dos and don'ts of information design, enabling you to guide the process of creating them to be interesting, accurate, and effective.
- Coverage of emerging trends, technologies, and the myriad applications of infographics in the not-so-distant future.
- With Infographics, you'll be able to transform previously buried or boring data into captivating visuals that can build your brand visibility, garner an engaged following, and grow your sales.
About the Author
Lankow, Crooks, and Ritchie are the three cofounders of Column Five, a leading creative agency specializing in infographic design, data visualization, and social PR. They have worked with hundreds of clients representing a range of industries, such as GE, Intuit, Microsoft, Sony, eBay, and the World Bank. Their work has been featured in Fast Company, the Atlantic, TIME, Forbes, the Wall Street Journal, and GOOD magazine. They speak on the subject of infographics frequently, including recent talks at the Federal Reserve and AIGA (American Institute of Graphic Arts), and teach a course on Visualization of Information at Columbia University.