Tổng tiền thanh toán:
Tìm sách theo yêu cầu
Publication Date: July 24, 2001 | ISBN-10: 0071364323 | ISBN-13: 978-0071364324 | Edition: 1
Based on UCLA’s executive education mergers and acquisitions program, this concise guide will help professionals needing M&A knowledge understand legal and regulatory environments; how to structure deals from financial, tax, and accounting standpoints; and how to analyze valuation models and use them to gauge the effects of a potential merger. Combining the best components of a live seminar with the detail of a textbook, Mergers and Acquisitions provides the qualitative and quantitative M&A tools today’s executive needs. J. Fred Weston (Los Angeles, CA) is the Cordner Professor of Money and Financial Markets at the University of California, Los Angeles. He has written or co-authored several business titles.
- Link: http://www.amazon.com/Mergers-Acquistions-J-Fred-Weston/dp/0071364323
From the Back Cover
A One-Volume, MBA-Level Course Covering Every Aspect of Today's M&A Environment
Mergers and acquisitions have always been an important financial and economic force. But today's new economy brings with it new economic rules and strategies. Mergers and Acquisitionsprovides executives with a comprehensive overview of the modern M&A marketplace, along with tips and techniques for always ensuring your organization a fair negotiationand advantageous conclusionin every M&A deal.
Today's most straightforward, comprehensive treatment of the entire M&A process, Mergers and Acquisitions provides case studies, statistics, charts, and more to help you understand:
- Valuation and accounting methods
- Legal and regulatory frameworks
- Restructuring and financial engineering
- Assessing strategic fit
- Merging corporate cultures
- Postmerger integration
Today's fast-moving business environment leaves little room for error. Let Mergers and Acquisitions go beyond theory to show you how M&A really worksand give you the knowledge you need to strengthen your organization's current and future negotiating stance.
Look to The McGraw-Hill Executive MBA Series for straight-talking, technique-filled books, written by front-line executive education professors and modeled after the programs of top business schools. Other titles in the series include:
- Corporate Strategy
- Finance & Accounting for Nonfinancial Managers
- Sales Management
Joint ventures ... strategic alliances ... spin-offs ... carve-outs ... In recent years, the concept of "mergers and acquisitions" has come to encompass a broad range of activities. But despite many new structures, strategies, and players, the overriding goal remains the sameto combine two or more independent entities into one, in a way that makes the whole worth substantially more than its parts.
Mergers and Acquisitions provides you with the knowledge and tools you need to prepare your firm for a productive M&A negotiation. Based on UCLA's Executive Education M&A programone of today's most respected programs, and a global standard for M&A excellencethis hands-on book provides you with all the qualitative and quantitative information you need to:
- Recognize the ten powerful change forces at work todayand how they affect the world economy in general and your firm in particular
- Understand pertinent legal and regulatory environments, and keep minor issues from becoming major deal-killers
- Structure effective deals from all standpointsfinancial, tax, and accounting
- Analyze valuation models and use them to gauge the impacts of a potential merger
- Conduct accurate valuations, to ensure deals that appear sound from a business standpoint also make financial sense
- Ensure that all M&A policies and decisions originateand remainwithin the general framework of your firm's strategic plan
- Establish cash flow, dividend, and share repurchase policies that benefit your companyand enhance value for its shareholders
More than ever before, decision-makers in profitable, high-growth businesses and industries must keep on top of the latest M&A strategies and techniques. Mergers and Acquisitions combines the most valuable components of an executive seminar with the detail and insight of a graduate-level textbook, to provide you with the tools you need to fully exploit today's M&A opportunitiesand defend your firm against the unwanted takeover attempts that may occur in today's megamerger environment.
About the Author
J. Fred Weston, Ph.D., is Professor Emeritus Recalled of Managerial Economics and Finance at the John E. Anderson Graduate School of Management at UCLA, where, since 1968, he has been Director of the UCLA Research Program on Takeovers and Restructuring. He received his Ph.D. degree from the University of Chicago in 1948. Dr. Weston has served as president of the American Finance Association, president of the Western Economic Association, president of the Financial Management Association, and member of the American Economic U.S. Census Advisory Committee. He has been selected as a fellow of the American Finance Association, of the Financial Management Association, and of the National Association of Business Economists, and published 147 journal articles and 31 books, including Managerial Finance, Public Policy Toward Mergers and The Art of M&A Financing and Refinancing.
Samuel C. Weaver, Ph.D., is associate professor of finance at Lehigh University, where he formerly served as the Theodore A. Lauer Adjunct Professor of Finance. Dr. Weaver spent 20 years as an executive with Hershey Foods Corporation, serving in various capacities, including director, financial planning and analysis, and is a veteran of over 100 acquisition valuations and numerous other restructuring activities. The coauthor of Finance and Accounting for Nonfinancial Managers, he serves on the Board of Trustees of the Financial Management Association and the Board of Directors of the Eastern Finance Association. In 1999, he received the Lehigh MBA Excellence in Teaching award.
- Series: McGraw-Hill Executive MBA
- Hardcover: 256 pages
- Publisher: McGraw-Hill; 1 edition (July 24, 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0071364323
- ISBN-13: 978-0071364324
- Product Dimensions: 9.3 x 6.4 x 1.1 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 2.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #5,005,024 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
XEM CHI TIẾT TẠI AMAZON.COM
- Thông tin chi tiết
- Mục lục
- Đánh giá & bình luận của người mua
- Những cuốn sách cùng chủ đề hoặc có liên quan
Tại web chỉ có một phần nhỏ các đầu sách đang có nên nếu cần tìm sách gì các bạn có thể liên hệ trực tiếp với Thư viện qua Mail, Zalo, Fanpage nhé
Đăng ký nhận tin qua email
Hãy đăng ký ngay hôm nay để nhận được những tin tức cập nhật mới nhất về sản phẩm và các chương trình giảm giá, khuyến mại của chúng tôi.