Restaurant Service Basics [Paperback]by Sondra J. Dahmer , Kurt W. Kahl
Publication Date: October 6, 2008 | ISBN-10: 0470107855 | ISBN-13: 978-0470107850 | Edition: 2
An excellent training tool for both hospitality programs and working restaurant managers, Restaurant Service Basics, 2nd Edition
considers the entire dining experience in situations ranging from formal to casual. Step-by-step instructions guide readers through service functions. Different types of service French, American, English, Russia, Family-style, and Banquet are explained in detail, along with universally important safety, sanitation, and emergency procedures. This Second Edition
features end-of-chapter projects that incorporate real-life situations, as well as enhanced coverage of point-of-service and other technology use in restaurants.
"...packed with information and tips, it is an ideal tool that can lead to excellent restaurant service." (Hospitality, May 2002) --This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
The essential guide to great service skills and techniques-now in a second edition.
No matter how excellent the food, guests will not return to a restaurant with poor service. On the other hand, great service leads to both a pleasurable dining experience and a successful restaurant. Whether as a server or restaurant executive, anyone entering today's foodservice industry cannot afford to ignore the significance of excellent service.
Restaurant Service basics, Second Edition offers a practical and up-to-date guide to professional table service. Authors Sondra Dahmer and Kurt Kahl provide extensive, step-by-step instructions on everything a truly excellent service must do, from proper attire to order taking methods to dealing with difficult guests.
This revised and updated Second Edition features:
- New coverage of technology use in restaurants, including POS systems
- Plentiful photos and diagrams that illustrate table settings, service styles, and much more
- Updated information on upselling from the menu, food allergies, food trends, safety and sanitation guidelines, and alcohol service
- New teaching and learning features including learning objectives, key terms called out in the text, mini-cases, a resource of menu and service terms, and an expanded glossary
- End-of-chapter review questions and projects that incorporate real-life situations
A comprehensive and concise resources for building a top-notch waitstaff, Restaurant Service Basics, Second Edition is an essential manual for servers-no training, those who train them, restaurant managers, and hospitality students.
XEM CHI TIẾT TẠI AMAZON.COM
- Link: http://www.amazon.com/Restaurant-Service-Basics-Sondra-Dahmer/dp/0470107855
- Thông tin chi tiết
- Mục lục
- Đánh giá & bình luận của người mua
- Những cuốn sách cùng chủ đề hoặc có liên quan