This book is an easy-to-read friendly guide to the operations and processes that drive the success of a retail store business. The best practices of store management and operating a shop are simplified and explained in terms of how they relate to a small business. Small shop owners who read this book will gain insight into the techniques that major retailers use to operate a professional store. The techniques and principles are explained through examples, bullet points, diagrams and explanations.
There are many books about starting a business. They cover start-up topics such as choosing a niche, location, writing a business plan and getting grants and funding. Unfortunately, they skim over the topic of actually operating and marketing a store so it’s successful and maximizing profits for you.
Small businesses fail for many reasons and at an alarming rate. Marketing and customer service mistakes, and a multitude of operational-related problems cause financial losses which sustained will lead to closing of your business. With this book as your guide there is no reason for this to happen to your store.
Topics covered in this book include: hiring and training of staff, efficient and well-communicated processes and routines, how to ensure you get repeat customers, marketing and promotion of the store offline and online, management of the merchandise and much more.
In "Step-by-Step Guide for Running a Retail Store Business” you'll not only discover how to emulate the best practices of large retailers to a small retail business environment, but you'll also discover:
- How to attract and recruit productive staff for your store by filtering out the future star employees from the nightmare hires. Covers the top five red flags on the application form, how to interpret interview answers with 18 examples provided, the 12 interview questions you must never ask, and the right way of extending an offer so they accept.
- The seven traits of a master trainer so you get your staff to care as much about the success of your store as you do.
- How to give performance reviews and stay legal when disciplinary action is required.
- The seven universal store routines with sample checklists, and how to create each one for your store so it runs like a well-oiled machine.
- 18 simple and effective ways to generate buzz and excitement to promote and advertise your store locally without breaking the bank.
- How to be a customer service superstar so you get repeat shoppers who refer your store to their family and friends.
- The 14 secrets to managing your merchandize so your products grab attention and always look their best.
- 38 red flags to discover employee and customer theft and how to confront and address it appropriately.
- The right way to use the Internet to market your retail store to get more customers and increase your profits.
Whether you’re just starting out in a retail business as an owner or manager, or have been running a shop for awhile and want to increase profits then this book is all you need to operate a successful local business.
About The Author
Amy Galuszka has been working in retail since high school and college. She has worked for 6 different large retailers over the past 16 years. In 2004 Amy received the ACE award for exceeding in store operations and sales. In 2010 Amy also received the Partners in Profit award for outstanding commitment and contribution.
Tại web chỉ có một phần nhỏ các đầu sách đang có nên nếu cần tìm sách gì các bạn có thể liên hệ trực tiếp với Thư viện qua Mail, Zalo, Fanpage nhé