"You go to work each day tasked with (1) inventing brilliant solutions that (2) meet specific objectives by (3) defined deadlines. If you do this successfully you get to keep your job. If you don't, you get to work on your resume. The moment you exchange your creative efforts for money, you enter a world where you will have to be brilliant at a moment's notice. (no pressure, right?)"
It isn't enough to just do your job anymore. In order to thrive in today's marketplace, all of us, regardless of our role, have to be ready to generate brilliant ideas on demand. The Accidental Creative teaches effective practices that support your creative process. You'll discover how to:
- Focus in on your most critical work and reclaim your attention.
- Develop stimulating relationships that will lead to creative insights.
- Effectively manage your energy so that you are always ready to engage.
- Curate stimuli that help you stay mentally focused.
- Leverage your hours wisely and effectively to eliminate creativity drains.
The Accidental Creative
is your guide to staying fresh and doing your best work each day.
"My copy of The Accidental Creative has notes and highlights throughout. Invaluable for anyone who thinks for a living."
- Seth Godin, Author of Linchpin
"Mr. Henry's prescription for maximizing productivity is sagacious, innovative, and sublimely practical. I've already incorporated into my own regime three of his notions and they are working like gangbusters. The Accidental Creative is high-octane fuel for creative productivity."
- Steven Pressfield, author of The War of Art
"Todd Henry has spent years breaking down the secrets of highly effective creatives. Read this book and prepare to ramp up your brilliance!"
- Chris Guillebeau, author of The Art of Nonconformity
"The gift of creative insight is not to be squandered! Todd Henry has assembled a guide that will enrich your creative pursuits. Don't dream without it."
- Scott Belsky, CEO of Behance, author of Making Ideas Happen
"There are two definitive versions of you with Todd's book: you before reading it, and you to the 100th power immediately after. Bottom line, The Accidental Creative offers real-world, inspirational insight on how to realize your creative best."
- riCardo Crespo, SVP/Global Creative Chief, 20th Century Fox FCP
"The Accidental Creative
" is an inspiring and practical guide for staying fresh and doing brilliant work. If you regularly need great ideas, this book will help you find them." -Tony Schwartz, Author of "Be Excellent at Anything"
About the Author
Todd Henry is the founder and CEO of Accidental Creative, a consultancy that helps organizations generate brilliant ideas. In 2006 he started The Accidental Creative, one of the top business podcasts. Henry is a sought-after speaker, consultant, and coach. Visit AccidentalCreative.com to learn more.